Your gutter’s functionality should always be the priority to the maintenance of your house. With proper gutter cleaning and repair, you can actually prevent issues such as critter invasion, basement flooding, and leaks. As a result, you can save money and time over time. It doesn’t matter if you want to know how gutters are cleaned after your gutter installation Surrey BC, check out the following items:
How frequently should I have my gutter cleaned?
If you clean your downspouts and gutters twice every year, you can basically stop extreme blockage. As this is mostly recommended by the expert roofer, the frequency of your gutter cleaning will still be based according to your yard’s conditions such as the following:
- Dry climates: Particularly when you’re living in a desert, you’ll less likely to get material building up in your gutter. If leaves, ice, and precipitation are not present, you may just need to have your gutters cleaned at least once every year.
- Woods or trees: When your house is surrounded by trees, you will tend to observe lots of debris and leaves in your gutters. In this case, you might need to get your gutters cleaned by the expert gutter cleaners at least 3-4 times every year. Moreover, pay attention to your roof since trees potentially pose harm to your shingles, letting in moisture where it doesn’t belong.
- Harsh winters: When you’re living in an area where it’s cold, it’s vital to clear your gutters to prevent ice dams. Ice dams can result in water leaks in your house or might rip off your home’s gutter due to excessive heaviness.
What will happen if you fail to clean your gutters?
You can surely get different types of gutter issues if you don’t clean them. When debris and leaves are neglected and left for a long time to build up, the gutters won’t properly drain and will be clogged. Heaviness and cracks due to gutter buildup will also result in sagging and leaks. Moreover, you’re posing the possibility of small critters like mice and birds to make your gutter their home.
How do I clean my gutters?
If you’re still a newbie when it comes to gutter cleaning, it’s vital to adhere to the proper procedures. You can do so by positioning your ladder in a stable spot and to take it slow. Here are some tips to clean like a pro:
- Wear the right gear.
- Scoop out the debris using a small scoop or trowel.
- Spray the dirty and clogged gutter interior using a high-pressure hose.
- Remember to eliminate all debris and clogs from your downspouts.
When must I contact an expert?
If you’re not confident doing the entire gutter cleaning by yourself, then you can consider calling an expert and let them clean your gutters for you. This is surely the best bet you can have especially if you’re new to owning a home. Moreover, make sure to maintain your gutter cleaning schedule to prevent further issues.